Peplink MAX HD2 LTE-A
The Pepwave MAX HD2 router is an amazingly fast 4G LTE-A router with bonding which is ideal for mobile applications where super fast internet is required. For example:
- As a router for mobile command centers or users who send large files over the Internet, such as police, firefighters, journalists, television producers, photographers and population research projects;
- Router in a bus, train or on a passenger ship;
- For mission critical communications, such as when a reliable connection is needed for payment transactions or the exchange of confidential information.
Dual modem router
The Pepwave MAX HD2 is a dual modem router. This means, among other things, that you can use double the bandwidth and thus create more speed.
Pepwave router with bonding via Speedfusion
Bandwidth bonding means that the router ties together all active bandwidth (via Ethernet, 4G, WAW) into a single super-fast data stream via the same or different mobile providers. This gives you the fastest, safest and most reliable internet connection possible. This particular VPN technology is specifically designed for Multi-WAN routers. Data sent over the Speedfusion VPN connection is protected with 256-bit military-grade AES encryption. Bandwidth bonding is also known as bandwidth bonding or WAN bonding.
Seamless Automatic Internet Failover
The MAX HD2 offers seamless automatic Internet Failover. You can set the router to automatically switch to another internet connection if the main connection is lost. For example, from the landline to 4G or to WiFi as WAN. Seamless here means that opened programs and applications are not stopped. For example, a video being downloaded is not interrupted, the process of downloading continues.
Router with 2 SIM slots
The MAX HD2 is a router with 2 SIM slots; you can insert 2 SIM cards from 1 or more providers. This has the advantage that:
- The router can switch to another provider if the main provider’s network is down or unreliable. So you always have a reliable mobile network.
- The router can automatically switch SIM cards when reaching a specific data limit. Ideal for avoiding high out-of-bundle charges.
- The router can automatically switch to the correct (foreign) provider when crossing the border, so you don’t have to switch SIM cards manually.
Extensive security features
The MAX HD2 offers extensive security capabilities. You can make VPN connections using IPsec encryption. If you are creating a VPN tunnel between two Peplink devices, you can use PepVPN. In that case, only one side of the VPN tunnel requires a static IP address. This makes building a VPN tunnel over a 4G connection much easier, as 4G normally has dynamic IP addresses.
Pepwave router with extended certification
The Pepwave MAX HD2 is distinguished from other business routers by its extensive range of certifications. For example, it has the E-Mark certificate, which allows it to be built into vehicles without risk. Other certifications include FCC, CE, RoHS, EN 61373:2010 and IEC 61373:2010 (shock and vibration resistance), EN 50155 (railway applications) and EN 61000 (Electromagnetic Compatibility).
Rugged 4G LTE-A router
The Pepwave MAX HD2 is a rugged 4G LTE-A router; it continues to function even in extreme temperatures. It can withstand temperatures from -40 to 65 °C.
Remote management via the Cloud / Fleet Tracking via GPS
This router can be managed remotely through the Cloud Management system InControl. Through your PC, laptop or smartphone, you can remotely manage your mobile network and track your devices with GPS anywhere. This is ideal if:
- Your router is in a remote or hard-to-reach location;
- You are using the router in a vehicle, vessel, or other moving object;
- You are using multiple routers and want to configure or provide software updates simultaneously.
To use Peplink’s remote management and/or fleet tracking, you will need an InControl license.