Peplink MAX BR1 Mini LTE-A
The Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini LTE-A router is a 4G router ideally suited for M2M, IoT and mobile applications. For example:
- As a router in soft drink vending machines, candy dispensers or other ‘unmanned kiosks’ to pass on stock and any malfunctions and other sensor data;
- To send meter readings from the field (remote metering);
- As a router for digital signage, to send (changing) text, photo and video files;
- For in the bus or train.
Rugged 4G LTE-A router
The Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini is a rugged 4G LTE-A router; it continues to function even in extreme temperatures. It can withstand temperatures from -40 to 65 °C.
Fast router with dual SIM
The MAX BR1 Mini is a fast router with dual SIM; you can insert two SIM cards from different providers. This has the advantage that:
- The router can switch to the second provider if the main provider’s network is down or unreliable. This way, you always have a reliable mobile network.
- The router can automatically switch SIM cards when reaching a specific data limit. Ideal for avoiding high out-of-bundle costs.
- The router can automatically switch to the right (foreign) provider when crossing the border, so you don’t have to switch SIM cards manually.
Extensive security features
The MAX BR1 Mini offers extensive security capabilities. You can make VPN connections using IPsec encryption. If you are creating a VPN tunnel between two Peplink devices, you can use PepVPN. In that case, only one side of the VPN tunnel requires a static IP address. This makes building a VPN tunnel over a 4G connection much easier, as 4G normally has dynamic IP addresses.
Remote management via the Cloud / Fleet Tracking via GPS
This router can be managed remotely through the Cloud Management system InControl. Through your PC, laptop or smartphone, you can remotely manage your mobile network and track your devices with GPS anywhere. This is ideal if:
- your router is in a remote or hard-to-reach location;
- you are using the router in a vehicle, vessel or other moving object;
- you are using multiple routers and want to configure or provide software updates simultaneously.
To use Peplink’s remote management and/or fleet tracking, you will need an InControl license.
Seamless automatic internet failover via add-on
The MAX BR1 Mini offers seamless automatic Internet Failover via an add-on. You can then set the router to automatically switch to a different internet connection if the main connection goes down. For example, from the landline to 4G or to WiFi as WAN. Seamless here means that opened programs and applications are not stopped. For example, a video being downloaded is not interrupted, the process of downloading continues.