Peplink MAX BR1 M2M
The Pepwave MAX BR1 M2M is a 4G LTE router and ideal for M2M applications and Internet of Things (IoT). For example:
- As a router for relaying data from a flow meter in the field;
- As a router for transmitting moisture and temperature readings on or around crops in large agricultural areas;
- As a router for forwarding data indicating whether there is still enough feed or drink for livestock in remote pastures.
Rugged 4G LTE router
The Pepwave MAX BR1 M2M is a rugged 4G LTE router; it continues to function even in extreme temperatures. It can withstand temperatures from -40 to 65 °C.
M2M router with dual SIM
The MAX BR1 Mini is an M2M router with dual SIM; you can insert two SIM cards from different providers. This has the advantage that:
- The router can switch to the second provider if the main provider’s network is down or unreliable. So you always have a reliable mobile network;
- The router can automatically switch SIM cards when reaching a specific data limit. Ideal for avoiding high out-of-bundle charges.
Seamless Automatic Internet Failover
The MAX BR1 M2M offers seamless automatic Internet Failover. You can set the router to automatically switch to another internet connection if the main connection is lost. For example, from the landline to 4G. Seamless here means that opened programs and applications are not stopped. For example, a video being downloaded is not interrupted, the process of downloading continues.
Extensive security features
The MAX BR1 M2M offers extensive security capabilities. You can make VPN connections using IPsec encryption. If you are creating a VPN tunnel between two Peplink devices, you can use PepVPN. In that case, only one side of the VPN tunnel requires a static IP address. This makes building a VPN tunnel over a 4G connection much easier, as 4G normally has dynamic IP addresses.
Remote management via the Cloud
This router can be managed remotely through the Cloud Management system InControl, via your PC. This is ideal if:
- Your router is in a remote or hard-to-reach location;
- You are using multiple routers and want to configure or provide software updates simultaneously.
To use Peplink’s remote management and/or fleet tracking, you will need an InControl license.