Proven reliable: in America, the XP8 is the phone for the public safety sector
The Sonim XP8 is a smartphone that won’t let you down, even in extreme conditions like, cold, heat, humidity or dust. It is IP68, IP69 and MIL-STD810G certified. Not for nothing is it massively used in America by emergency services such as fire, police and ambulance. The XP8 is one of the few phones allowed to operate on the proprietary frequency of FirstNet, the network for emergency services in the United States built with AT&T.
Sonim XP8 Deal
Are you looking for a Push-To-Talk solution that is completely network independent? Including Emergency Alert and Worker Protection? Then Team on the Run from Capestone is for you. Currently, when you buy a Sonim XP8 in combination with a one year subscription of Team On The Run, you get the first 6 months & installation costs of Team On The Run for free! Read more about the applications of Team On The Run here.
Ideal for lone workers
Because of its alarm button, programmable Push-to-Talk button and many possibilities to use your own apps, the Sonim XP8 is also ideal for lone workers, such as security guards, construction workers, professional drivers and caregivers. Combine the Sonim XP8 with LONEWORKER. LONEWORKER provides safety for anyone working alone in high-risk occupations. This service combines a rugged phone with fall and man down detection and an emergency call system that automatically sends out alarms when something is wrong. Location determination allows you to accurately determine where the person is, and emergency responders can be on the scene quickly.
Sonim XP8 in Google’s Android Enterprise Recommended program
The XP8 is Google certified and is one of the few rugged phones included in the Android Enterprise Recommended program (AER). Google’s AER is designed to help businesses choose the best Android devices. Users of certified devices can be confident that their device:
Is easy to deploy, scale and support;
- Receives security updates for 5 years;
- Receives at least one major OS update;
- Supports Google’s zero-touch registration feature: a method of bulk-provisioning devices with default configurations without requiring users (or IT) to manually set up each device.
- Explosion-proof smartphone (ATEX zone 2/22 certified).
The XP8 is an ATEX zone 2/22 certified smartphone. ATEX certified phones are required in places where there is a risk of explosion. They do not produce heat, sparks or fire and are therefore explosion proof. There is ATEX certification for zone 1/21 and zone 2/22. Zone 1/21 is an area where the danger of a gas or dust explosion is frequent or occasional (<1000 hours and >100 hours per year). Zone 2/22 is an area where the danger of a gas or dust explosion is little present (<10 hours per year). The XP8 can be used safely in zones 2 and 22.
First Sonim with dual SIM
The XP8 4G smartphone is the first Sonim phone with dual SIM. This rugged phone holds two SIM cards, so the user can be reached on two different phone numbers, for example business and private.
Robust smartphone with Miracast – Wifi Direct
Miracast – Wifi direct is a technology, which establishes a direct Wifi connection between two devices, without a router (hotspot) in between. The concept is largely the same as Bluetooth, but it achieves much higher speeds and thus can send and receive much more data simultaneously to nearby devices that support Miracast.
SecureAudio Connector on XP8
The SecureAudio Connector on the XP8 allows your customer to securely anchor his audio accessories to the smartphone and power them up at the same time. This allows him to work undisturbed and does away with the need for external batteries for audio accessories such as headsets and speakers/microphones/RSMs.
More time and ease with the Sonim SCOUT app
The XP8 features the Sonim SCOUT app. With it, your customer gets access to convenient services, including for example:
- easy registration of the device;
- quick check of battery status;
- chat with the helpdesk;
- remote support.
- 3 year warranty
Sonim offers a 3 year warranty for the XP8. During that time, you will not only have a manufacturer’s warranty, but you will also be reimbursed for accidental damage.
- 4G smartphone
- ATEX zone 2/22 certified
- Camera: Rear 12 MP, front 8 MP
- WiFi: Wireless IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/r Miracast WiFi Direct
- Battery capacity: 4900 mAh Li-lon, removable battery
- Talk time: Up to 30 hours
- Standby time: up to 720 hours
- Operating system: Android 10
- Processor: Snapdragon 630 OctaCore @ 2.2 GHz 64 bit
- Memory: 64 GB ROM, 4 GB RAM, expandable by 128 GB via Micro SD card
- Micro SD card slot: yes
- 4G frequencies LTE: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B14/B20/B25/B26/B27/B28/B29/
- B30/B38/B39/B40/ B41/B66
- 3G frequencies: UMTS B1/B2/B4/B5/B8
- 2G frequencies: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- USB port: yes, type USB C
- Alarm button: yes
- GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou: yes
- LWP: yes, depends on provider
- NFC: yes
- PTT: yes, depending on operator (programmable black button)
- Free programmable yellow button
- Dual sim: yes
- IP68 (water and dust proof), IP69 (withstands washing at high temperatures)
- MIL-STD810G (extremely rugged: can withstand drops, bumps, vibration, air pressure, moisture, extreme temperatures, oil and chemicals)
- Speaker: dual front-facing loud speakers; output 100dB+
- Microphone: triple-mic solution with noise cancellation
- Display: 5.0″ Gorilla Glass 3, touchscreen operable with gloves on, screen readable in sunlight, resolution FHD 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- LED flashlight: yes
- Radio, MP3 player: yes
- Quick charge 4.0 via USB-C
- SecureAudio Connector
- Sonim SCOUT app
- Dimensions: 152 mm x 79.5 mm x 18 mm
- Weight: 335 grams
- SIM card slot
When to choose the Sonim XP8?
Are you looking for the latest extremely rugged 4G smartphone to use in extreme conditions? With dual SIM, WiFi Direct and the latest features? A proven reliable Android phone that is recommended by Google and can even be used in explosive situations? Then the Sonim XP8 is the right choice for you.