Tektelic Kona Micro Lite IoT Gateway
The acceptance of IoT solutions in the home and office is driving the need for indoor access to wide area low power networks in large areas. Although the LoRaWAN network is still being rolled out, it is not a given that optimal access to this established network is already available everywhere. With Tektelic’s Kona Micro Lite Gateway, users experience premium IoT connectivity with enhanced coverage, consistent service and reliability regardless of their proximity to the macro LoRaWAN network.
This plug-and-play Micro Lite gateway connects directly to an existing broadband service, configures itself and extends LoRaWAN coverage at home or in a small office.
Key distinguishing features:
- Reduce operational and deployment costs by using Kona Micro Lite IoT Gateway with existing IP connectivity.
- Improve coverage and services, resulting in greater acceptance and customer satisfaction.
- Maximize customer benefit by enabling a wide range of additional IoT services. Consider home and asset monitoring, security, health and fitness.
- Robust gateway design manufactured for quality.
- Self-optimizing plug-n-play installation.
- Integrated with ecosystem of network servers and devices.
More about LoraWAN
The LoRaWAN network architecture is implemented in a star-of-stars topology in which gateways relay messages between end devices and a central network server. The gateways are connected to the network server via standard IP connections and act as a transparent bridge, simply converting RF packets into IP packets and vice versa.
The wireless communication takes advantage of the Long Range characteristics of the physical LoRa layer. This enables a single-hop connection between the end device and one or more gateways. All devices are capable of bidirectional communication and there is support for multicast addressing groups to efficiently use spectrum during tasks such as Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) upgrades or other mass distribution messages.