Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2
Fast 4G LTE-A router for mobile applications and as an alternative to wired Internet
The Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 router is ideal for mobile applications where portability and versatility are important and as an alternative to fixed internet. For example:
- as a router for emergency services such as police, fire, ambulance;
- as a router in a bus or train;
- as a router on a ship;
- as a router on a construction site.
Fast 4G LTE-A router with Wireless AC WiFi and 2×2 MIMO
The Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 is a fast 4G LTE Advanced router that can achieve download speeds of up to 300 Mbps. In addition, it has fast Wireless AC WiFi with 2×2 MIMO. MIMO stands for Multiple Input, Multiple Output and indicates how many channels the wireless router uses to send and receive WiFi. 2×2 MIMO routers have 2 antennas and can send and receive data through 2 channels.
Rugged 4G LTE-A Router
The Pepwave MAX BR1 Classic is a rugged 4G LTE-A router; it continues to function even in extreme temperatures. It can withstand temperatures from -40 to 55°C.
Seamless Automatic Internet Failover
The MAX BR1 MK2 offers seamless automatic internet failover. You can set the router to automatically switch to another internet connection if the main connection is lost. For example, from the landline to 4G or to WiFi as WAN. Seamless here means that opened programs and applications are not stopped. For example, a video being downloaded is not interrupted, the process of downloading continues.
Router with dual SIM
The MAX BR1 Classic is a router with dual SIM; you can insert two SIM cards from different providers. This has the advantage that:
- The router can switch to the second provider if the network of the main provider is down or unreliable. This way you always have a reliable mobile network.
- The router can automatically switch SIM cards when reaching a specific data limit. Ideal for avoiding high out-of-bundle costs.
- The router can automatically switch to the right (foreign) provider when crossing the border, so you don’t have to switch SIM cards manually.
Extensive security features, including IPsec VPN, PepVPN
The MAX BR1 Classic offers extensive security features. You can make VPN connections using IPsec encryption. If you create a VPN tunnel between two Peplink devices, you can use PepVPN. In that case, only one side of the VPN tunnel requires a static IP address. This makes building a VPN tunnel over a 4G connection much easier, as 4G normally has dynamic IP addresses.
Pepwave router with extensive certification
The Pepwave MAX BR1 Classic is distinguished from other business routers by its extensive range of certifications. For example, it has the E-Mark certificate, which allows it to be built into vehicles without risk. Other certificates include FCC, CE, RoHS, EN 61373:1999 and IEC 61373:1999 (shock and vibration resistance), EN 50155 (railway applications) and EN 61000 (Electromagnetic Compatibility).
Remote management via the cloud / fleet tracking via GPS
This router can be remotely managed via the cloud management system InControl. Via your PC, laptop or smartphone, you can remotely manage your mobile network and track your devices with GPS anywhere. This is ideal if:
- your router is in a remote or hard-to-reach location;
- you are using the router in a vehicle, vessel or other moving object;
- you are using multiple routers and want to configure or provide software updates at the same time.
To use Peplink’s remote management and/or fleet tracking, you will need an InControl license.