The FortiWiFi 40F-3G4G firewall is Fortinet’s powerful entry-level model. With a throughput of as much as 5 Gbps, the 40F-3G4G is a versatile, high-performance firewall. In addition, the price/quality ratio is exceptionally good for the performance the firewall delivers.
Next Generation Firewall
The Fortigate is a perfect firewall and provides optimal network security in one high-performance network security appliance:
- Provides full visibility into users, devices and applications.
- Protects against vulnerabilities that can be exploited over the network.
- Automatically blocks threats on decrypted traffic with best-in-class SSL inspection performance.
- Proactively blocks newly discovered advanced attacks in real time.
The FortiWiFi 40F-3G4G includes a built-in 3G / 4G modem for additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link allows for maximum reliability.
FortiOS and FortiASIC SoC
This firewall operates with a proprietary network security system, FortiOS, configured on the FortiASIC System on a Chip (SoC). This technology is designed to create an understandable and excellent security platform. The FortiOS system is easy to use and provides visibility into network activities. In this way, it is possible to track what is happening with the network in real time.
Easy and fast installation
The Fortinet FortiWiFi 40F-3G4G firewall is installed using the FortiExplorer. This software allows for quick and easy installation and the device is configured via the USB connection. FortiExplorer works on Windows, MAC OS X and also on mobile operating systems. Web-based installation is also possible for this firewall.
FortiCare and FortiGuard
The firewall can be expanded with a FortiCare and/or FortiGuard license. FortiCare includes support, hardware replacement, firmware upgrades, VPN and traffic management. FortiGuard contains Next Generation Firewall technology, which provides you with an even easier overview of all traffic over your network. In addition, FortiGuard provides content filtering, IDP, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam and Appcontrol.
FortiWiFi 40F-3G4G specifications:
- Firewall throughput: 5 Gbps
- IPS throughput: 1 Gbps
- NGFW throughput: 800 Mbps
- Threat Protection: 600 Mbps
- 1x USB port
- 1x Console port
- 1x Gigabit WAN port
- 1x FortiLink Gigabit Port
- 3x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- WiFi: 802.11/a/b/g/n/ac-W2
- MIMO: 3×3
- Maximum WiFi speed: 5GHz – 1300 Mbps | 2.4 Ghz – 450 Mbps
- Antenna gain: 5GHz – 3.5 dBi | 2.4 Ghz – 5 dBi
- 4G backup: Built-in 3G-4G-LTE modem
- Antenna ports (SMA): 6
- External SMA WWAN antennas included
- Installation: via rackmount kit
- Dimensions (HxWxL): 38.5 x 216 x 160mm
- Weight: 1kg